Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Savings

I do believe that I have become slightly obsessed. (And by the way #GREENANDYELLOW!!!!!)

But I SWEAR I only buy stuff that I need and will use in the near future.  Plus, I don't plan on having stockpiles of things (like 40 bottles of shower gel.  Maybe four).  So this is my booty for this week:

Walgreens:
  • 1 Icy Hot No Mess vapor gel for kids
  • 1 Advil Congestion Relief
  • 1 Thermacare Hip/Back
Price before coupons: $20.81
Price after coupons: $11.81
Amount saved: $9.00
Coupon total: $4.00
Register Rewards: $8.00
  • 1 Oral B Power Toothbrush
  • 2 Smart Balance tubs of butter spread
  • 1 package of Walgreen's brand plates
  • 1 Crest 3D Whitestrips
  • 1 Platex Gentle Glide tampons
  • 1 loaf of bread
Price before coupons: $82.45
Price after coupons: $49.12
Amount saved: $33.33
Coupon total: $28.75

Pick n' Save
  • 1 box of Reynold's Wrap Foil
  • 2 boxes of Pop Secret Microwave Popcorn
  • 2 cans of sliced peaches
  • 2 bottles of Chi Chi's Salsa
  • 2 boxes of Special K cereal bars
  • 1 bottle of Frank's Red Hot Sauce
  • 3 boxes of Jello
  • 2 cans of Carnation Evaporated Milk
  • 1 12ok of Scott Tissue
  • 2 cans of Red Gold Tomatoes w/Green Chili
  • 4 cans of Red Gold Tomatoes
  • 2 1/2 lbs of bananas
  • 1 bag of Red Delicious apples
  • 2 cans of Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
  • 1 tub of Kemp's Sour Cream
  • 1 48 oz. pk of Frigo's String Cheese
  • 1 bottle of Sunny Delight
  • 16 containers of Yoplait yogurt
  • 2 dz Eggland Best eggs
Price before coupons: $99.46
Price after coupons: $63.21
Amount saved: $36.25
Coupon total: $17.92

Actual price before coupons: $202.72
Amount after coupons: $124.14
Amount saved: $78.58
Savings of: 39%

Actual price before coupons to date: $500.44
Actual price after coupons to date: 272.35
Amount saved to date: $228.06
Savings of (to date): 46%

I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with myself so far.  And I've been getting HEALTHY items (I know that I say this every time I post but it has to be known that you can eat healthy on a budget).  How are your Sunday Savings going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...