|Image from Concord Community Church/Salvation Army|
Please remember those with less in this time
when we want more.
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Monday, December 24, 2012
Sunday, December 23, 2012
Saturday, December 22, 2012
Friday, December 21, 2012
|Do you see the attack of the killer snow?|
I REFUSE to go out in that unless necessary.
Notice the leaning trees from the wind...
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Monday, December 17, 2012
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Saturday, December 15, 2012
Friday, December 14, 2012
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Monday, December 10, 2012
Sunday, December 9, 2012
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Friday, December 7, 2012
Thursday, December 6, 2012
- I need notification of said event at LEAST two days in advance.
- Information about said event should include: dates, time, address, website, age range, if it is for adults, children, or both, phone number, contact person, cost, and any other special information about said event
- Events can be from ANYONE: clubs, restaurants, libraries, art museums, whatever.
- Please do not send any sexually explicit material or events to be featured in the YCM Events page.
- When sending the request, please place all information in the body of the email and not in an attachment. Only text (for now) will be used to promote YCM events. HTML and other specialized event promos will come in the future.
- Oh...and the requests and posts are FREE. Yeah...I said it: FREE.
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Monday, December 3, 2012
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Sunday, November 25, 2012
Friday, November 23, 2012
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Monday, November 19, 2012
|My CVS purchase on Sunday|
So I have brought back my Sunday Savings and yesterday I really got back into couponing a little bit. I didn't actually have any real coupons but CVS has such a deal for things that I needed anyway that I went in there half cocked and not at all prepared.
Friday, November 16, 2012
I had been trying to find something for me and MIB to do today and since my last post was about story time between parents and their children I figured I'd run with that theme.
MIB and I went to the library today to get her first library card! I'm so happy and excited for her. As a child, reading was (and still is, when I get time) my favorite hobby. To me, there is nothing like losing and transporting yourself in a story. And thankfully, I've instilled the love of the written word in MIB.
From the minute she was born, I was always reading something to her; just like my parents did when I was a child. Newspapers, magazines, the back of cereal boxes, whatever. I turn the closed caption on the tv when she's watching cartoons and give her a bedtime story every night. Sometimes, she reads a bedtime story to ME.
I'm just glad that she developed a love for books early and I hope that she continues to see the value and joy of books for a long time.
YCM'S, how do you keep literary love and appreciation high in your household?
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Monday, November 12, 2012
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Friday, November 9, 2012
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Monday, November 5, 2012
If you haven't registered, you can register on election day and must meet the following requirements:
- Lived at your current address for at least 28 days with no intent to move
- Provide an acceptable proof of residence document that includes your current and complete name, residential address, and an account, document, or identification number and MUST be from one of the following:
- Current and valid Wisconsin driver's license or identification card
- Official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- Identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder (not including a business card)
- Real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of election
- ID card issued by a university, college, or technical college in Wisconsin that contains the cardholder's photo, together with a fee payment receipt issued to the cardholder by the university, college or technical college dated no earlier than 9 months before the date of the election at which the receipt is presented
- A gas, electric, or phone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the election
- A bank statement
- A check or other document issued by a governmental unit
- Pay check
- Residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election day
Information acquired from City of Milwaukee official website
If you think you are a registered voter but aren't sure visit the State's Voter Public Access website. Once you find out if you are a registered voter, you can also look at a sample ballot for your area.
You can also call 414-286-VOTE (8683) to find out more information about where you can vote only if you live in Milwaukee county. For residents in the state of Wisconsin you can visit the State's Voter Public Access website to find out your polling location.
If you have problems at your polling location or want to report election violations you can call Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office at 414-278-4645.
Polls open at 7 am and close at 8 pm in the state of Wisconsin...so if you didn't vote early, you will have plenty of time to vote tomorrow.
Like I said before...who you vote for is your business...just vote. I will...
If you voted, let me know...tweet your "I voted" sticker under #YCMIVoted!
Friday, November 2, 2012
I've missed writing and sharing my story (as crazy as it can be) and was trying to figure out when to start, how to get a blogging schedule going, what I want my focus to be...I just didn't know.
So today, after work and errands and finally putting MiniMe to sleep, I just said to myself "screw it, I'm just gonna start." Consider this the first day back to YCM.
All of my internal debates weren't wasted though. I did figure out that I wanted to be more proactive and helpful in my blog. I feel like I did more complaining than helping in my posts...so hopefully this time around I'm able to be a better blogger, listener, helper, YCM :).
I hope that you all enjoy what I have in store for you...it will be slow to start because it's been almost (if not longer than) a year since I've written anything so I'm a little rusty and need to get the kinks out. But I do believe that I'll find my groove again...
I've been in a funk because of issues at home (sick mother), at work (hate my job sometimes...but damn glad to have one), and with myself (still trying to get this weight off). And this funk and constant doing and running kept me from doing the one thing that I loved more than any other profession I've participated in: writing.
This isn't professional (for now...here's hoping)...but it is therapeutic, it makes me happy, and makes me feel like I have a purpose if just one person reads it and gets (hopefully) something out of it.
That's it...that's my testimony for today...and please leave comments, ask questions, let me know something! And until then, here are a few things I have planned:
- Ask YCM
- Product reviews
- Sunday savings WILL be back with a force
- Weight loss Wednesdays (since I'm back on my Weight Watchers...this is an extra incentive for me to get the weight off and to be...accountable for it)