Thursday, December 6, 2012

YCM Events

Hey all, as we continue in NaBloPoMo's theme of "work" for December, I want to introduce a new page on my blog that will involve a little bit of work.  I want to start showcasing events that occur in southeastern Wisconsin (Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha, Wauwatosa, Waukesha, Glendale, Brookfield, Shorewood, and other surrounding areas) and the Chicago and surrounding area that are about kids, family, and YCMs (and YCFs too :).

After I get off of work, I usually don't do as much as I'd like with MIB because of several things: no energy, no time, no money, or no idea.  Since I have this issue, I'd imagine that other YCM/YCFs have the same problems and would like to go to a site to get information on local (and semi-local) events that cater to our kids, our family, and ourselves. 

The events that I'd like to showcase on a daily/weekly basis are not just about story time, arts and crafts, or the zoo.  I hope that folks offer up ideas for cultural shows, book clubs, martini nights, or even brunch.  Because YCM/YCFs need play time just as much as MIBs.  

So here is my criteria for YCMs Events:

  1. I need notification of said event at LEAST two days in advance. 
  2. Information about said event should include: dates, time, address, website, age range, if it is for adults, children, or both, phone number, contact person, cost, and any other special information about said event
  3. Events can be from ANYONE: clubs, restaurants, libraries, art museums, whatever.  
  4. Please do not send any sexually explicit material or events to be featured in the YCM Events page. 
  5. When sending the request, please place all information in the body of the email and not in an attachment.  Only text (for now) will be used to promote YCM events.  HTML and other specialized event promos will come in the future. 
  6. Oh...and the requests and posts are FREE.  Yeah...I said it: FREE.
If you are a business or non-profit (especially non-profits...my first job was at a non-profit when I was 14 and I have a soft spot for them) please submit all events with the information mentioned above here.  You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submission.  All events will be posted at least one day before the event and taken down the day after the event is over.  Events that are extended or have multiple dates (like every Saturday in the month of December) will remain until the day after the last day of the event. Any questions please email me here.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing all of the events going on in our community!

If you have any YCM questions for me and Thursday's Thoughts...please submit them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...