Friday, November 16, 2012

Family Friday: The library

I had been trying to find something for me and MIB to do today and since my last post was about story time between parents and their children I figured I'd run with that theme.

MIB and I went to the library today to get her first library card!  I'm so happy and excited for her.  As a child, reading was (and still is, when I get time) my favorite hobby.  To me, there is nothing like losing and transporting yourself in a story.  And thankfully, I've instilled the love of the written word in MIB.

From the minute she was born, I was always reading something to her; just like my parents did when I was a child.  Newspapers, magazines, the back of cereal boxes, whatever.  I turn the closed caption on the tv when she's watching cartoons and give her a bedtime story every night.  Sometimes, she reads a bedtime story to ME. 

I'm just glad that she developed a love for books early and I hope that she continues to see the value and joy of books for a long time.
 
YCM'S, how do you keep literary love and appreciation high in your household?


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!

      She was so excited...and proceeded to check out four books lol...and is ready to get some more. I'm so glad that she has a great love for books.

      KMN

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...