Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Life Solutions - Employment

Parts 1 and 2 of New Life Solutions

Sometimes you just gotta make one for yourself.


So I have been a temp at my current job for more than four years.  I can't be too upset because I do have a job and others aren't as lucky and would be more than happy to take my place.  So I am going to keep my behind still and get my weekly check.  But after a while, you start to get sick of doing the same thing day after day, week after week, month after...well hell y'all get the picture.

The thing that upsets me the most about my job is the fact that I do nothing.  I mean I work (in accounting, still trying to figure out how in the hell that happened) but I do nothing that helps better the community.  I do nothing that plays an important role in aiding, assisting, and educating the community.  And that is why I have decided to create my own job instead of having others create one for me.

I have been wanting to go back into a position that deals directly with the community.  I taught years ago, but I just can't go back into teaching.  It's become too political, the parents are too violent, and the children are just too lost.  I don't think my soul can take that, especially when you fight the administration more than disruptive students.  But I do want to do something...I NEED to do something that makes a true difference within my community.  Something that will help my family, neighbors, old students, future students.

That means that I need to really get my ass in gear.  I have plans. I have ideas.  I already have scholarships ideas ready for the people that I am targeting for my social program.  I have already organized five or six different fund raising events in my dreams.  I even got my speeches ready for when I become a member of OWN's Master Class.  But since I'm not organized (despite the help I am getting from my non-profit coordinator) as I need to be, my dreams of becoming my own boss are way in the back burner.  Hell they might be behind the stove. 

I'm really not sure why I'm in such a funk as of late, why I can't get the fire back underneath my ass. I look at the success of others and wonder why am I not as successful.  Then I remember it's because I'm not as proactive about the work that lies ahead of me.  But I can't understand why though.  I can't understand why my desire to help others doesn't fuel my drive to work at it.  I wonder if there is something else that is preventing me from doing it (there actually is but I don't think I'm up to admitting that to cyberspace right now. Let's just say that I'm aware).

Ok so this post turned into a session instead of a NLS post.  But then again, to see where my obstacles are at and to work on them tomorrow is the point of NLSs.  It's not about making some bullshit promise to do something by June and then not make plans to maintain that promise.  It is really about living life and changing along with the life that you live. 

How are you using the NLS thought process to improve your employment situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...